If you already own a boat then it makes total sense to learn on your own boat with the people that you normally go afloat with.
It may be that you are new to boating, want to learn how a different powerboat handles or simply wish to improve your general boating abilities.
We have found our own boat tuition invaluable to many boat owners who want to,
- Understand specific handling characteristics
- Learn how to handle a larger or unfamiliar RIBS or motor cruisers
- Handle a boat shorthanded or with the people you normally go afloat with
- Familiarise themselves with new surroundings or marina
- Learn how to work onboard together as a couple or family
- Avoid trying to teach their own family
- Understand onboard systems and be guided on levels of maintenance
We offer informal single-day instruction on any topic that you wish to focus on, alternatively, we run a range of RYA Practical courses.
One advantage of training on your own boat is that you have the flexibility to run the course how you wish and without unnecessary consideration for other students. This can provide you with a much more intensive course or equally a more relaxed one if you are trying to combine it say with a family holiday.
So if you want some intense instruction on a specific topic or just want to have a little moral support whilst you build your own confidence, then our instructors will be totally flexible to meet your needs.
We charge a daily rate of £350 for own boat tuition, this includes up to 3 students, should you want others on board, we may be able to accommodate this. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Note that your vessel must be completely sea-worthy and meet the minimum safety requirements outlined in the RYA C8 Boat Safety handbook. Please note that you are also responsible for all running costs throughout the duration of the course including all accommodation and catering costs for the skipper if the course is run over multiple days away from our training centre.